From Pokemon World Online Wiki
Revision as of 07:48, 11 July 2012 by TheWyatt2012 (Talk | contribs)
If you are using Windows Vista or 7 and you find you are regularly having problems opening certain programs including Pokemon World Online, you may need to disable UAC. Following the steps on this page will allow you to do so.
Note: Disabling UAC is not recommended as it can reduce your computer's security. Only do it if you have to, and make sure you have some other protection.
- Open up Control Panel, and type in “UAC” into the search box. You’ll see a link for “Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off”.
- On the next screen you should uncheck the box for “Use User Account Control (UAC)”, and then click on the OK button.
- You’ll need to reboot your computer before the changes take effect, but you should be all done with annoying prompts.
Windows 7 makes it much easier to deal with UAC settings, and in fact you don’t have to completely disable UAC if you don’t want to.
- Just type UAC into the start menu or Control Panel search box.
- Drag the scale up or down depending on how often you want to be alerted.
If you drag it all the way down to the bottom, you’ll have disabled it entirely (not recommended).